Thursday, April 19, 2007

Hey!, What are all these kids...

"Hey! Why are all these kids here after school! Is there some kind of special event or something?" No, the truth is that none of those students were required to be at school after the final bell had rung. They were all staying for volunteer band practice. There were not tryouts or required. So about 50 students were at the school today for band related activities all on their own accord. Here is what is pretty cool. This were not the whole band. It was only percussion, colorguard, and some small ensembles. These were just open rehearsals to any student that wanted to learn more and all were involved in group activities because they wanted to be there. No grades, no pressure, no problems. It made me smile to know that the students are responding to my recruitment activities. What are these? Nothing but providing them a healthy, positive environment in which to grow. That is what students want more than anything and today they got their wish. Maybe more will show up next week. Maybe not. But at least the opportunity is available for them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Brady,
Wow, I heard today was good, but not as good as you made it seem! Anthony told me some good people were there for battery, and I think that's good! I was gonna come, but I left early b/c I got a 10lb head (statue) dropped on my foot in first block... I think it's broke! :( But idk why I was coming... just to see how things were going I guess, but I'm so ready for Drum Major tryouts!! hehe But I will def. see you tomorrow!! Good Night!! Love, Randa

7:58 PM  
Blogger Jon Brady said...

I am hope your toes are ok. I heard about it.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home