Tuesday, February 27, 2007

What a Shock!

I was shocked by the behavior of the group during today's clinic. The group was perfect! I have never had a group behave and listen so well over the course of a 3 hour clinic as I have today. This is a major step in the right direction for the Swansea band program. Our major concern is balance. We just play too loud. They play like their band director. IN YOUR FACE! I will take that over poor tone production any day. It is always easier to turn it down a little than to ask for more and have nothing left to give. It was the first time I have been able to sit back and actually listen to the band in a concert setting at Swansea. Some very nice things are happening. They must have an excellent band director! I am also proud of the concert band to sit and actually pay attention to what was going on. A great day for the Swansea band program indeed. I bet Mr. Brasco will have good things to say to people and I know we will hear from him again. (Although it may be on a judge's tape!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home