Monday, February 26, 2007

Judge This!

We have a big day tomorrow. I have a guest conductor coming in to take a listen to things. This will not only allow me to see where we stand for the upcoming concert festival, but it will also allow me to see where we stand as far as the entire concert program. I have always contended that the key to success for any band program lies within the musical abilities of the group. That is one of the major reasons I teach the colorguard to play instruments. It will definitely help them with the timing of their work.
The entire band will need to hone their musical abilities if they are too advance to the next level and to be able to play and march next years show. I am not designing a show just to make state but to win it and make finals at BOA. Show design and content will not be a concern this year. Only the ability to be able to perfect it! But for now, concert band is the primary concern. Tomorrow will tell a lot about where we are going and where we have come from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home