Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New Drums!







We have a new drumline and as excited as the kids and I am there is one that is more excited...Mr. Apple...or as I call him...Greg. Greg is one of my best friends and the band is fortunate to have him as the Director of Percussion Studies. I think that is an appropriate title for him but any way. I remember about 6 years ago I met Mr. Apple. He drove 60 miles round trip to teach two of my students at B-L. It took about 2 minutes for me to figure out he was the real deal. We have worked together every since. It is not secret that when you get older it get more difficult to make true friends but I am fortunate to have made one with Greg. We often work for free as we did all day today and we don't always agree on everything but we always have mutual respect for each other and that is always enough for me. Here are a few pictures of the new drums...and Mr. Apple.
Note: As you can see in one picture, putting together new drums can be very tiring.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

ooooowhooooo! love them! Thanks Mr. Apple and Mr. Brady for all the 'no pay' time you put in to DF Band. This could not be said enough! We are proud to call you both FOXES and friends!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home