Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Concert Festival - Round 1

In just a few hours, the concert band and I will be performing for a rating (score) at Lexington High School as part of the South Carolina Concert Band Festival. This is our younger group and we will be performing in Class III. I am very proud of them already. This group has perhaps improved more in the past 3 months than any group I have ever taught. The truth is that we have already met our goal. But as the saying is "To Know, You Must Go!" meaning that to know what you have really accomplished and to be able to build on events, you must attend them. Are we perfect? No. Is a Superior rating a sure thing? No. Will we build on how we do today? Yes! Many people, even myself at some times, have said I am pushing the band program too much during my first year. My response is just this, if high expectations are set, high level results can happen.
Tomorrow is round two with the Class V wind ensemble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home