Thursday, January 22, 2009

Working Hard


It may seem like a down time of the year but that is not the case. Any band director will tell you things don't stop after football season. And I for one am tired. This has been one of my toughest years ever. I have found my new (not new any more) job to be very stretching on myself and Cindy too. I really want things to be great at DF. Anybody that knows anything about me, knows this is my dream job. I mean it. I remember 16 years ago when the school opened and I was working on my undergraduate degree that my best friend, Howie, told me about the school. He lived on Firetower Road so we road down to see it. Wow! It was something. I knew I wanted to work at that school. I just didn't know if I would ever have the chance. Now here I am! I am not complaining for sure. I am just tired. I want us to have one of the best band programs in the Southeast if not the country. I really do but I have found things to be very tough. I find myself working at home more and more. Cindy is very understanding and I am lucky for that. I never seem to have any down time at DF and I will say that it makes for a fast day but sometimes I get home and just crash. Hopefully as I get things set up to my needs it will get easier. That is what makes all the work worth it. Not only are things getting better everyday, I see a future at DF for myself. That is somewhat different for me. To those of you are always there for me; I really, really appreciate it. To those of you that wonder if you can help, come on! We can do this but only if we all work together.

P.S. By the way every morning I come to work, I am still amazed I work at Dutch Fork High School. It is a beautiful school especially in the morning. I did it! Thanks to everybody that helped me. I won't let you down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home