Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Setting Limits

I thought about this a lot today and I don't really know why but here it goes. I have always heard that you should set yourself limits. I think most people in the business world call them "obtainable goals". I have even written about this before but lately I have been "dreaming" I guess. As of late I have not been concerned too much about the band world outside of Dutch Fork and I have to say I like it. I certainly don't mean that I don't think about my former students either but at this time of the year I am usually preoccupied with winning contests. This year is different. I am very happy with our progress so far but I know we have a long way to go too. All I really want is to have a successful season and that really doesn't matter who we compete against. Our true competition is ourselves.
So the limits and expectations that others may have put on us this year really don't matter. We are getting better and better and I think we are all having fun too.
My honest opinion is to not put limits on myself because I know others will do that for me. I mean if you think about it others are the ones that truly limit us. They say things like "you can't do that" or "not this year" and stuff like that . I really don't have much to say about what others think but I sure do have control over my own attitude.
"Shoot for the moon. If you miss, you may just end up amongst the Stars."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home