Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ode to Halloween


Tonight is Halloween and all through the neighborhood are little ghost, goblins, and monsters. What do we do? We hide! Right now we are bunked up in the upstairs bedroom hiding but what should happen if our door bell should ring? Well perhaps it is time for a little more poetry to ensue:


To the dark house they rang,
When opening the door, they heard "dang!"
If it's candy you want,
The wrong place to come,
But for a treat,
Well I have some.
To the cabinet I ran,
and what did I see,
Some chili looking back at me!
To the micro I ran,
with a spoon in my hand.
With swiftness I did heat,
Something the looked a bit like meat.
As the children laughed with glee,
That all changed when they saw me.
With my spoon I did dip,
Some chili for all,
and made it quick.
One scoop each they did recieve,
right in their bag of goodies.
So moral is here to stay,
When begging for candy,
You should beware,
You just might see,
Old Man Brad-y!

Next year I think I am going to get some Beef Stew for the little beggers! Happy Halloween!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home