Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Back to Work

Somebody asked today if the band had a break now that marching band was over. My response, not really. Now we need to learn to play better. What marching band does for tone production is does not do for rhythmic accuracy. We need to get back to counting and playing with independence of parts. Here is what each class will be doing:
Colorguard class - learning to play instruments - It helps them and it is fun too.
Percussion class - Percussion ensembles and region band preparation.
Winds class - basic things like counting and tuning. Winter concert music and region band preparation.
I have to admit I missed concert band. I love the sound and that fact I get to perform with the students in concert band.
Now back to work getting my tubas ready to play, watering my new grass seeds, and playing with the dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home