Saturday, December 23, 2006

On the Third Day of Christmas...


My true love gave to me...A Christmas Tree! Alright, it really has been up for a while but to me it went up a little early. When I was little the tree never went up until Christmas Eve. This was always the way it went. If you ever went to a Catholic church before Christmas you would never see any Christmas decoration until Christmas Eve. I will always remember walking into the church on that day and it was like a different world.
I asked my mom why we waited until Christmas Eve to have a tree and she told me the story behind it. She said that when she was little they were too poor to buy a tree so her daddy wait until Christmas Eve to get one for free. Apparently on Christmas Eve all the tree lots in St. Louis would burn the left over trees and they were free for the taking. So when she was a little girl, she would go to sleep on Christmas Eve with no tree and wake up and "Wow" Santa had put up the tree!
So any way the picture is of our tree this year. Isn't it beautiful? The best ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home