Thursday, April 02, 2009

Seize the Day

"Maybe good things come
to those who wait.
But the best things come
to those who seize the moment
and make it their own."
The wait and see attitude is not for me. I can't stand statements like that. Patience may be a virtue but it is also the build blocks of excuses. As for me, count me in as the I won't wait and see what somebody does to me or does to hold me back. I make my own luck and will continue to do so. If a situation does not allow you to achieve your goals, change the situation. If you don't like playing the "game", play your own game with your own rules.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?" has got to be the worse interview question ever. Perhaps a better question is "What are you going to do 5 days from now to improve yourself and those around you?" What about 5 hours from now? Maybe even 5 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home