Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Everyone Matters

Everybody matters in my bands. I think sometimes students and parents get the impression that perhaps they are not all that important in the big picture of things. Maybe they don't sit first chair or maybe they are not a section leader. Maybe they are a parent that is not an officer in the booster club or they feel like they just can't offer anything, but the truth is that everybody matters and has a very important role in my bands. It crushes me to hear that a student has chosen not to participate in band any more. I know something about every one of my students and I feel like a part of our band loses out when even one person leaves us. I can honestly remember all of my students. They all had and have something unique and helpful to offer. I know too that there are other things out there for students to do but what I don't understand is why band can not be a continuing thing for all of them through out high school and beyond. I honestly hope that every student I have in band will remain for their entire high school experience but I also know that this will not happen.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long as your here im Here !!! Hopefully I can go to college for it. You make band intersting to learn

tim

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still in it Mr. Brady. Just for you, you made me love band!!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home