Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Sometimes It Does Seem to Count


Lately I have been wondering if what I do really does make a difference to anybody. I have even been considering going into administration. I don't want to because I love Band so much but lately that doesn't seem to be enough. But as I was checking my "blocked" email (all of our email goes through a censor and then we can go through it), and I noticed one that didn't look like the usual SPAM so I forwarded it and opened it. It basically said that did care alot about band and that I had helped them and they really wanted to win state. We have been talking a lot lately about apathy. Here is the number one definition:

Apathy -
Lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal; indifference.

This student made a difference to me. I won't go into details but it made me want to teach. It is a little known fact that I get notes and emails from people that tell me thanks or good job or just something that makes me happy, and I print them and put them in my black bag and they stay there until I need them. Some are over 15 years old. When I really feel like I don't do anything important I read them. So I guess what I am trying to say is thank you to that student for making me feel useful and wanted. You made my week and more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home