Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Visit Numbers Keep Dropping

I find it interesting that the visits to my blog seem to really get slim this time of year. Most people are concerned about marching band but really don't seem to have any idea what it is that we really do. I was interviewed by a 9th grade student today about my career and one of the questions was "What do you think is the most important aspect of your job?" My answer was simple and unrehearsed. "The most important aspect of my job is too teach students how to play and appreciate music." What else is there? Everything I do at work should revolved around that. Marching band is just one part of our band program and it is actually a small part of the music that I create. Lately I have been working on some music for me. Will I make money off of it? Maybe? I really don't care. I do it for me. I arrange some and I write some originals too. I practice and I listen. I try to set an example to my students not because I hope they will see me and imitate but because music is who I am and have been for a very long time. I do it not for money or recognition. I do it for the same reasons I breath and eat. I have too. It keeps me going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home