Thursday, February 12, 2009

We will do it...together.

"Which way is success?" the man asks. The stoic sage points down the path to his left. The man, thrilled at the prospect of easy success, rushes off in the appropriate direction. From the distance comes a loud SPLAT! The man reappears. He is bruised and tattered. Again he asks the guru, "Which way is success?" Once again the wise man says nothing. He simply points down the path to his left. The man quickly races down the path a second time. From the distance comes a much louder SPLAT! The man returns crawling on his hands and knees. He is bloody and beaten. He yells at the guru, "Twice I have asked you about the path to success. Both times I followed your directions and both times all I have gotten is splatted!" He screams at the top of his lungs, "No more pointing, talk to me!" The wise man calmly replies, "Success is that way. It is just a little past SPLAT.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Should of prefaced that with:
United we Rise and DIVIDED WE FALL

8:58 AM  
Blogger Brenda Muench said...

Love this post! Where did you get the story from? I'd love to repost it on my blog if you'll let me. It would be a great way to open some of the professional development I do with teachers at my school.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Jon Brady said...

Of course you can use it as I used it from somebody else.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home